PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Pick orders and stock pick locations per established procedures in a safe, productive and error free manner.
HOURS: 10:00am - 6:00pm; M-F
BENEFITS: Health, dental, paid life and LTD, paid holidays, 401k w/company match, vacation, paid personal days, education reimbursement, discount store, and more!
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Complete picking slips in an accurate and legible manner following all procedures set by Waymouth Farms, Inc.
- Lift and pick cases weighing up to 50 lbs. from a maximum of a seven foot high racking by hand, or with a manual or powered pallet jack, placing the cases on a pallet.
- Prepare pallet for shipment by tagging pallet with name of customer, total cases, qty of pallets and all other required information.
- Communicate product shortage issues and order problems with warehouse management as problems occur.
- Operate pallet wrapping machine, manual & electric pallet jacks in a safe manner.
- Inspect products for quality issues prior to shipping.
- Complete required stretching exercises on a daily basis.
- Wear required protective equipment, which includes; safety shoes and a back support belt as required.
- Keep assigned areas of warehouse clean and organized free from clutter and safety hazards.
- Complete all job related paperwork.
- Maintain confidentiality of Waymouth Farms information.
- Assist in receiving as necessary
- Assist with inventory counts
- Assist with sanitation requirements of the department as required
- Perform re-palletizing of products and materials monthly to meet AIB standards
- Open cases and inspect for infestation
- Work flexible work hours with short notice to meet shipment needs.
- Work in congested areas
- Work in a fast paced environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Warehouse Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor
- Forklift Drivers
***Other Key Relations
- Other warehouse employees
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent number identification skills.
- Good math skill and the ability to operate a calculator.
- Able to operate pallet jack and electric pallet jack.
- Write legibly.
*** Education and/or Experience
- Prior warehouse experience
- Forklift Experience
- Microsoft office suite experience in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Self starter
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time, ability to communicate, visual ability to use repetitive n bending and twisting, able to lift 50 lbs.