The Assistant Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for helping the Packaging Machine Operator give work direction to line workers, learn the full operation of the equipment, perform QC checks, and properly complete required documentation. Duties include operating packaging/filling machines.
- Hours: 2:50 pm - 10:50 pm Monday - Friday.
- Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Benefits include: Health, dental, paid life and LTD, paid holidays, 401k w/company match, vacation, paid personal days, education reimbursement, discount store, and more!
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
• Ability to work with a variety of equipment.
• Follow product specification / flowcharts.
• Keep area clean, organized and free of clutter
• Train and direct employees. Provide work direction and training, as necessary, to packaging workers.
• Perform Q.C. Checks / metal detector verification.
• Ensure proper ergonomic rotation is taking place.
• Complete paperwork which includes downtime, machine log, Q.C. Charts, and Work Orders.
• Assist with team directing during change over and/or cleaning.
• Report any safety matters or malfunctions to the Lead Person, Machine Operator or Supervisor.
• Perform all job functions within required GMP's.
• Coordinate product movement with Forklift Operator.
• Understand and use production schedules.
• Good understanding of organic requirements
• Keep accurate and legible documentation.
• Work with maintenance to help trouble shooting of machine problems
• Make sure all employees are working on a safe environment.
• Know internal customers and meet their needs
• Verify that product meets quality standards
• Interact with other departments in a positive manner
• Work in a fast paced environment
• Able to read and write English, and good communication skills
• Able to work in a fast pace environment.
• Proactive and team player
• Good mechanical attitude.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good basic math aptitude and ability to use scales and calculators (must pass basic math test)
Education and/or Experience
o High School Diploma or GED
• Some experience in packaging environment preferably operating machines
• Basic computer skills
Occasionally: Use ladder to take apart weight scales
Kneel/crawl to check materials and machines
Reach above shoulder height to load zipper stock
Lift/carry up to 50 lbs and over 50 lbs with help.
Push/pull up to 2200 lbs. of raw materials on a pallet with a pallet jack
Regularly: Stoop/bend to pick up rework, boxes, and roll stock
Climb stairs to the mezzanine level and above the packaging machines
Twist while doing rework and dumping raw material
Frequently: Use hands
Talk/hear in order to give direction
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.