At Waymouth Farms, we're always looking for talented hardworking individuals who are passionate about creating high quality snack products. We utilize state-of-the-art processing equipment in our modern facilities because we believe that nothing can be too good for our clients and our customers. We recently installed an air conditioner within the production plant for the comfort of our team members. We expect a lot from our team members, and in turn, we provide a supportive work environment with competitive pay and benefits. Our positions are full-time with opportunities to move and grow in the company.
Basic function of the job: Operate food packaging machines and associated equipment to meet or exceed efficiency, quality, and safety standards
- Hours: 2nd shift hours are 2:55 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. M-F
- Salary: $11.50 /hour
- Benefits include: Health, dental, paid life and LTD, paid holidays, 401k w/company match, vacation, paid personal days, education reimbursement, discount store, and more!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To safely, effectively, and efficiently clean all equipment and infrastructure throughout the facility and grounds; and to properly maintain all sanitation equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Safely follow the SSOP for disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of various machines and pieces of equipment throughout the plant.
- Use wrenches and various tool to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Operate scissors lift to properly clean equipment.
- Operate a pressure washer to clean equipment.
- Safely work with hazardous chemicals to clean and sanitize equipment.
Infrastructure and Grounds
- Regular and Periodic cleaning of plant floors, walls, ceilings and general infrastructure.
- Regular cleaning around dumpster and parking lot areas.
- Control weeds and plants around the perimeter of the building and grounds.
- Shovel snow from employee sidewalks and walkways as needed.
- Safely follow the SSOP for washing, and maintaining a clean sanitary bin supply.
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation of cleaning.
- Safely and effectively operate the bin/tote washer.
- Wear proper PPE such as safety goggles, gloves, and steel toed shoes.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the parts washer per the MSS cleaning schedule.
- Safely follow the SSOP for floor scrubbing.
- Safely and effectively operate the floor scrubber.
- Wear proper PPE such as safety goggles, gloves, and steel toed shoes as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the floor scrubber per the MSS cleaning schedule.
- Assist as needed in schedule attainment of the MSS.
- Painting guards, railing, and infrastructure.
- Taping/identifying walkways throughout the plant.
- Other duties as directed by management.
*** Primary Customers
- Plant operations
***Other Key Relations
- Quality Control
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to communicate, read, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic math skills and use of a calculator.
- Ability to understand, follow, and communicate to others standards and procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to cooperate with all Supervisory personnel, Maintenance, Leads, and Shift Operators.
- Able to understand and follow instructions as given.
- Able to safely operate hand jack, forklift, and scissors lift within the first 30 days.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Previous sanitation experience
- Previous food industry experience
- Previous chemical handling experience
- Scissor and fork lift operating experience
- Machine operating experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GMP’s
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds without help.
- Able to stand for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist frequently as needed.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist - frequency varies during a normal shift.
- Ability to perform job duties as instructed from a height up to 30 feet.
- Use of PPE – Chemical resistant suit, goggles, face shield, etc.
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs and over 50 lbs with help.
- Stoop/bend to disassemble, clean, and reassemble equipment and infrastructure.
- Kneel/crawl to disassemble, clean, and reassemble equipment and infrastructure.
- Climb stairs to the mezzanine level for disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of equipment and infrastructure.
- Twist while cleaning and moving parts.
- Use hands for various tasks.
- Talk/hear in order to give direction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Note: In terms of an 8 hour workday, “occasionally” equals 1 to 33%; “frequently” equals 34 to 66%; and “continuously’ equals 67 to 100%.