This position is on our 1st shift.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 6:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of food production, packaging and processing machinery and equipment
- Complete preventive maintenance procedures and assigned work orders within scheduled time frame
- Complete special project assignments in fabrication, modification and new equipment installations
- Troubleshoot and repair various building and environmental systems
- Detect faulty operations, defective equipment and repair as necessary
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders, and any other applicable documentation to perform required maintenance and service
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of food production equipment
- Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Deal with frequent changes in priorities, delays or unexpected events
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information in a skillful manner
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Respond promptly and professionally to internal customer needs
- Provide written and verbal communication and briefing to maintenance and production department personnel regarding down time due to repair, projects and modifications
- Practice and apply good housekeeping and cleanliness
- Observe GMP and maintenance standard operating procedures
- Communicate maintenance issues with maintenance tech from next shift
- One year of formal training plus 4 years hands on experience.
- Maintenance experience in a food processing facility preferred
- Advanced operating knowledge of electronics systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Applied use of electrical/mechanical instruments (i.e. volt/ohm and amp meter, dial caliper, and micrometer)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with 110, 220, AC motors, DC motors, and schematics
- Read and apply wiring diagrams and mechanical prints
- Advanced experience in pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication
- Excellent use of hand tools including metal saws, grinders, drill press, benders, welders
- Welding experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Prior forklift experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.