Director or Procurement
The Director of Procurement and his or her team works closely with internal business leaders and employees to architect and optimize the procurement function. This position is responsible for implementing methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most efficient flow of materials from sourcing to receiving dock. The Director of Procurement will drive positive company results through strategic negotiations, controlling costs and inventories, forging strong vendor-partner relationships and implementing processes to support current and future business opportunities. The function works closely with the Sales Team to understand the business strategies for product lines and strategically aligns procurement practices and supply chain initiatives in support of the business strategy. This is an impactful position for an individual who likes to architect processes and drive change in an organization that is moving to the next level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Functions & Job Responsibilities:
- Create an environment within the Procurement department that fosters teamwork, effective communication, responsiveness, customer service and embraces change;
- Architect and lead best in class Procurement department through the enhancement or design of procedures, planning tools, systems, supplier network and continuous improvement projects across the supply chain;
- Lead the strategic sourcing activities of all domestic and international raw materials and film/packaging by utilizing ERP tools and product knowledge;
- Negotiate vendor/partner agreements for optimized pricing, service and efficiency;
- Cross-functionally partner with Sales & Marketing, New Product Development, Production and Finance on strategic planning, development and sourcing initiatives;
- Develop and implement RFP and contract negotiation processes;
- Perform risk assessment and develop contingency plans as necessary to address uninterrupted raw material and finished product supply;
- Drive ongoing management of regulatory and compliance documentation while also measuring supplier performance and instituting corrective policies as necessary;
- Forecast future supply needs and initiate proactive communications identifying short-term and long-term supplier capacity constraints; and
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve operational efficiencies across supply and manufacturing network.
- 10+ years of progressive procurement experience;
- A BA or BS Degree;
- While not mandatory, it is desirable that a candidate who does not have a degree in supply chain management, operations management or related field will possess an industry recognized certification such as the CPSM from the Institute for Supply Management or a near equivalent;
- Proven leadership with Strategic Sourcing, Forecasting, Procurement, Supplier Management & Quality;
- Food manufacturing and Consumer Packaged Good experience preferred but not required;
- Advanced training or demonstrated experience in Negotiation and Contracts;
- Fact-based decision-making. Must have the ability to conduct assessments, audits and evaluations to measure current state and future progress and build Purchasing Strategy in partnership with Sales and Production teams;
- Self-motivated and results oriented;
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity; and
- Demonstrated project management skills.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an online employment application.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.