- Hours: 1st shift - 10:00 am - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Waymouth Farms offers an EXCELLENT benefit package. Our health insurance plan offers 4 different levels of coverage employees can choose from with the company paying the majority of the premiums; a 100% company funded HRA plan that assists employees with paying health insurance deductibles; an excellent dental plan with an annual benefit of $1500 per person; 100% company paid life, accidental death, and long term disability; optional supplemental life for employees and dependents at our low group rates; 401K with company match ; 2 weeks of vacation the first year with the ability to use vacation after only 6 months; education reimbursement; safety bingo; company store; company functions including picnics, holiday lunches; plus much more!
We currently have an immediate opening for a forklift driver at our Distribution Center.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Review daily schedule to determine needs.
- Load and unload trucks in a timely and safe manner
- Operate a sit down forklift for entire shift
- Wrap pallets in preparation for shipment
- Lift and move boxes from racks to pallets weighting up to 50 lbs.
- Using forkift, lift and place pallets onto racks up to 20' high
- Occasionally lift and move 110 pound bags of nuts with help if needed.
- Ensure all products are taken from warehouse slots or bins using the oldest dates.
- Complete cycle counts of materials as assigned.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Ensure materials are used in FIFO and that re-palletizing of materials is done monthly
- Complete safety inspection on a daily basis.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Change batteries in a safe and timely manner.
- Communicate problems to supervisors.
- Maintain good communication with next shift driver.
- Responsible for completing accurate paperwork.
- Work in congested areas.
- Work additional hours to meet shipment and schedule needs.
- Perform other related tasks as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Must pass forklift operation and safety test.
- 2+ years forklift driving experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Have basic math skills, including use of calculator.
- Able to understand and follow all procedures both written and verbal.
- Able to operate all hand and powered jacks.
- Able to complete all paperwork neatly.
- Excellent reading and number identification skills and able to read, rrite, and speak english
- Able to enter data into computer accurately.
***Education and/or Experience
- High School Education or GED.
- Sit for extended periods of time, ability to drive a forklift, bend, talk and communicate, move around facility, lift 50 – 110 lbs with help.
- Typical warehouse environment, moving equipment, potential exposure to loud noises, potential congested areas during peak production season.
* *EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.