PRIMARY FOCUS: To interact with our customers professionally while taking sales orders, answering questions and resolving issues in a timely manner. To be a support team to the Sales department and Merchandisers.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Take and receive orders via phone, fax, EDI, and customer websites
- Process the paperwork from the warehouse / match and file / check for errors / make new files
- Invoice customers through EDI, customer websites, or mail
- Answer dedicated customer service phone line
- Enter all orders in Deacom accurately and quickly
- Meet monthly sales goals by reaching out to our customer base and suggesting products
- Advise production and purchasing when we receive special / large orders
- Process credit adjustments monthly. Provide copies to Accounts Receivable and to customer
- Identify and resolve problems quickly
- Update changes to customer information in Deacom / ship to address / bill to address
- Manage difficult customer situations and respond promptly and professionally
- Deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events. Communicate all changes to appropriate parties
- Work in a fast paced environment and effectively prioritize duties
- Support the Sales team and Merchandisers with reports, changes to orders and questions on customers
- Work closely with the Distribution Center and communicate changes, shorts, etc.
- Process all customer complaints. Enter in database, send out replacement product, process refunds and pass information on to the Vice President of Operations
- Track orders in carrier websites. Communicate with the carrier if there are issues
- Run the sales and shorts report every afternoon when the warehouse is done for the day
- Work with Marketing for order guides, customer promotions and pricing in Deacom
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Good computer skills with prior data entry experience. Must be proficient with Excel and Outlook.
- Must be a forward thinker and a problem solver
- Ability to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with unexpected changes
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good numerical skills and figure aptitude
- Must be a team player and display a helpful, cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and patience
- Pleasant telephone voice that projects sincerity and responsiveness
- Experience with Deacom
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Product knowledge
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, telephone sales orders, order processing experience
HOURS: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Sit for extended periods of time, ability to type, talk and communicate effectively. Have the visual ability to use a computer and calculator. Must be able to move around facility with occasional lifting and bending.
- Typical office working atmosphere, inside, climate controlled, shared office space.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.