PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Support distribution team and carriers to meet on time delivery of customer orders. Prepare order documentation, pick lists and labels, communicate with customers and carriers, provide reports on warehouse inventory and movement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create pick lists, BOLs, shipping labels and order reports.
- Create and send customer invoices
- Data entry of inventory transactions and inventory adjustments
- Verifying freight invoices for accuracy
- Coordinate and communicate with carriers and customer service. Route freight with the most cost effective carrier. Ensure customers receive required documentation on time.
- Maintain spreadsheets/databases for Distribution Department
- Provide reports to Distribution Manager for warehouse effectiveness, order shorts, late shipments, inventory accuracy, and aging inventory.
- Assist Distribution Manager with special projects when necessary
- Share Customer Service responsibilities as needed to meet customer demand and needs.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Manage difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs
- Deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Prioritize and plan work efficiently
- Monitor inventory and process shipments into and out of contracted exterior warehouses.
- Help as needed in warehouse to check customer orders, pick orders, verify inventory as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully and accurately
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Data entry/keyboarding ability
- Proficiency with warehouse management systems.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software suite (Especially Microsoft Excel)
- Read Write and Speak English
- Some College
- Bilingual English – Spanish
- Experience in distribution, transportation or warehousing
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Sit for extended periods of time,
- Ability to type, talk and communicate both written and verbally.
- Visual ability to use a computer and calculator,
- Ability move around facility with occasional lifting and bending.
- Typical warehouse environment, shared office space, inside, office climate control, warehouse can be warm in Summer.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Waymouth Farms offers an excellent benefit package including health, company funded HRA, dental, company paid life and LTD, vision, 401K with match, vacation after 6 months, paid holidays, personal days, education reimbursement, company store and much more!!