Forklift Driver / Order Picker
- Hours: 1st shift - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday, overtime as needed
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Load and unload trucks in a timely and safe manner
- Pick and palletize orders
- Lift and move boxes from racks to pallets weighting up to 50 lbs.
- Effectively use scan gun to record material movement
- Operate a sit down forklift and manual pallet jacks
- Wrap pallets in preparation for shipment
- Using forklift, lift and place pallets onto racks up to 20' high
- Occasionally lift and move 110 pound bags of nuts with help if needed.
- Complete cycle counts of materials as assigned.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Ensure materials are used in FIFO and that re-palletizing of materials is done monthly
- Complete safety inspection on a daily basis.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Change batteries in a safe and timely manner.
- Communicate problems to supervisors.
- Responsible for completing accurate paperwork.
- Work in congested areas.
- Work flexible work hours to meet shipment and schedule needs.
- Perform other related tasks as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Must pass forklift operation and safety test.
- 2+ years forklift driving experience
- Have basic math skills, including use of calculator.
- Able to understand and follow all procedures both written and verbal.
- Able to operate all hand and powered jacks.
- Able to accurately use scan gun
- Excellent reading and number identification skills and able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to enter data into computer accurately.
***Education and/or Experience
- High School Education or GED.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time, ability to drive a forklift and pallet jack, bend, talk and communicate, move around facility, lift 50 – 110 lbs with help.
- Typical warehouse environment, moving equipment, potential exposure to loud noises, potential congested areas during peak production season.
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.