PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Manage shift production team to achieve Waymouth Farms goals operating within established policies, procedures and regulations.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Manage Production Department and support department workflow to meet operational commitments and promote attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Conduct operations within budgeted levels.
- Review and ensures compliance to daily production schedule. Post daily work schedule.
- Manage finite production plan to achieve efficient use of personnel and equipment resources to meet operational commitments.
- Provide reports on operation results. Executes corrective action for process improvement.
- Maintain accurate employee records, monitor attendance and enforce absence/leave policy, work rule violations and issue disciplinary warnings and performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Determine and schedule temporary help as required.
- Trains production supervisors and lead operators to execute their responsibilities.
- Perform performance appraisals for production team.
- Monitor GMP compliance and take appropriate corrective action.
- Maintain security of building and environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety procedures and applicable government regulations. Execute corrective actions as required.
- Performs duties and interacts with peers and subordinates in a non-partial manner maintaining an atmosphere free of harassment
- Maintain good communication with employees on all levels; Ensure effective communication across all shifts.
- Communicate all problems or out-of control situations to VP Operations on a timely basis.
- Monitor and oversee all subordinate paperwork and complete all paperwork assigned.
- Maintain close working relationship with quality personnel and recommends adjustments in processes and methods to accommodate inspection results.
- Maintains confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information, formulas, procedures, etc.
- Reviews production schedule and investigates to assure adequate supplies for the product scheduled. Communicate shortages/production problems to VP Operations and responsible department managers
- Performs other tasks as directed by VP Operations.
- Report on action items operation status during production, safety, schedule, and management meetings as requested.
- Conduct operations within established budget levels and company policies and procedures
- Maintains adherence to Quality Standards and Procedures.
- Provides employee coaching and development, monitors training
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and effective communication skills
- Must be able to improve working conditions and increase subordinate’s skills and capabilities.
- Meets required time lines.
- React quickly and make decisions under pressure.
- Work in a high paced environment that requires prioritization and handling of multiple tasks
- Gather and analyze information to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Responsible for the activities of all production shifts.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Able to perform physical requirements of all position.
- Prior experience (minimum 4 years) in food / FDA regulated manufacturing/packaging or
- Prior manufacturing supervisory experience (1-2 years)
- Demonstrated success in people management. Proactive thinker. Demonstrated success implementing process change and improvement.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to work flexible schedule and overtime
- Able to effectively speak before groups of employees of the organization
- Cooperative attitude/team orientated
- Must be able to manage stress
Education and/or Experience
- Post secondary degree required (preferably in areas of Business / Manufacturing Management, or Supply Chain)
- Experience with BRC (preferred) or GFSI standards
- Bilingual - Spanish/English or Hmong / English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is sometimes exposed to dust, toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.