The Product Development Coordinator reports to the New Product Development Manager and is a key member of our New Product Development team. As the Product Development Coordinator, you will interface between Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Finance and Sales to help identify opportunities and transform those opportunities, pursuant to our product development process, into actual competitive products. This positions calls for an individual with a broad skill set and an entrepreneurial spirit while helping build and execute against processes and timelines.
- Research new materials, product concepts and innovations.
- Develop and maintain the product development time line and action calendar.
- Collaboration with Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Finance/Accounting and Sales to discuss status of open projects, product history and sales productivity, and new project requests.
- Coordinate and prepare samples as needed for customers, product shows, sales/marketing team
- Help drive product redesign efforts to improve production efficiency.
- Deep understanding of the business, regulatory requirements and the various functions, to proactively improve processes. Anticipates and addresses future needs.
- Communicates technical project results and risks to cross-functional and leadership teams. Proposes alternate approaches or technical options, as appropriate.
- Create, maintain, and/or review product specs and work instructions to ensure successful production results
- Create regulatory compliant nutrition facts labels per FDA requirement by using current software program
- Work closely with Buyers to hand-off the formula and knowledge transfer
- Maintain and coordinate meetings with Supply Chain and Vendors
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in order to work effectively with your internal customers and outside vendors.
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skill that allow for a proactive approach to the business.
- Project management and proven ability to oversee and execute on several projects concurrently.
- Proficient in Excel, or project tracking software, Nutrition Database.
- Minimum of: Two years’ Product Development experience or four year’s Project Management experience
- Food Science or food labeling background a plus.
- Marketing experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.