At Waymouth Farms, our mission is to provide innovative, quality snack foods for healthier living. As a leader in the marketplace, we are well known for our Good Sense Snacks and several other innovative brands.Family owned and operated since 1976, we are proudly celebrating our 40th year in business.
- Benefits include: Health, dental, vision paid life and LTD, paid holidays, 401k w/company match, vacation, paid personal days, education reimbursement, discount store, and more!
In addition to a supportive work environment, Waymouth Farms offers an EXCELLENT benefit package. Our health insurance plan offers 4 different levels of coverage employees can choose from with the company paying the majority of the employee premiums; a 100% company funded HRA plan that assists employees with paying health insurance deductibles; an excellent dental plan with an annual benefit of $1500 per person and no required network; 100% company paid life, accidental death, and long term disability; optional supplemental life for employees and dependents at our low group rates; 401K with company match; 2 weeks of vacation the first year with the ability to use vacation after only 6 months; education reimbursement; safety bingo; company store; company functions including picnics, holiday lunches, plus much more!
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Management / Supervisory
- Ensures departmental equipment and resources are maintained and functioning properly.
- Conducts department in a fair, non-discriminatory manner, free of any type of harassment.
- Manage QC Technicians and Receiving Supply Specialist.
- Trains staff in quality control and quality management systems
- Maintains effective work schedules for staff
- Assigns duties and projects as necessary to staff
- Establishes priorities for staff
- Evaluate employee performance and hold employees accountable for actions.
- Quality Systems
- Manage existing quality assurance and quality control systems.
- Track non-compliance issues and execute quality control process improvement actions.
- Maintain and improve in-process quality control systems.
- Ensure customer specifications are met.
- Facilitate test and hold policies as appropriate.
- Assist with development of product specifications
- Participate and assist Regulatory, 3rd Party, Organic and customer audits
- Facilitate mock recalls
- Work closely with production supervisors to alert them to quality and food safety concerns.
- Conduct quality systems trainings with production personnel
- Adapts to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information.
- Works in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Review current processes and suggests changes for improvements.
- Review packaging for compliance to regulatory requirements (ingredient statements, allergen and organic)
- Maintain quality systems and ensure adherence to FDA requirements
*** Primary Customers
- VP of Operations
- Production Supervisors
- Quality Control Technicians
***Other Key Relations
- Production Manager
- New Product Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field
- 2-4 years manufacturing quality role in food manufacturing facility
- 1-2 years supervisor
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient communication skills
- GSFI Knowledgeable
- Snack Food Experience
- HACCP Certified
- Food Labeling Knowledge
- PCQI, FSVP Knowledgeable
- A. Experience
- Manual dexterity to operate keyboard, mouse and other office equipment.
- Visual acuity to view documents and computer screen.
- Ability to perform work in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform other job functions
- Ability to move around the facility
Typical manufacturing facility environment, potential exposure to loud noises, moving equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.