We currently have an opening on our 2nd shift for a Lead Processing Operator. Core hours of our 2nd shift are 2:50 pm - 10:50 pm M-F. Lead Operators need to be available from 2:45 pm - 11:15 pm and able to work overtime as needed.
Lead, train and support Processing Operators on the daily operation of designated processing machines to attain productivity goals (e.g., schedule attainment) and quality standards while maintaining a safe operation. Execution of schedule attainment in the processing area and assigned lines.
- Attain productivity goals (e.g., schedule attainment)
- Communicate to POs daily schedule
- Timely staff POs to line to support schedule
- Address administrative issues related to assigned POs and team:
- Review POs vacation requests before giving to Production Manager/Supervisor.
- Delegate rolls/tasks and responsibilities to POs.
- Oversee POs personnel matters to promote team building.
- Throughout shift, support POs in overcoming obstacles to attainment of productivity goals.
- Maintains good communication with employees on all levels; communicates problems and applicable situations to Shift Managers, Processing, and Packaging Supervisors/Manager.
- Training of POs in combined effort with designated PO trainer.
- Train POs on effective operation of each line, to include monitoring of effective performance, assessing quality, or detecting mechanical malfunctions.
- Coordinate with Maintenance for any unsolvable mechanical issues.
- Train POs on best practices for changeovers, regardless of nature, and expected time lines.
- Train POs on preventing quality issues on each line.
- Properly train how to use and enter data in Deacom with scanner gun.
- Hold POs accountable for issues related to productivity, clean times, quality, Deacom, etc.
- How to conduct efficient bucket washes and monster cleans
- Responsible for Shift start up and Shift transition attainment.
- Coordinate staging of raw materials and packaging as needed.
- Master Scheduler/Production Manager/Production Supervisor
- Quality Assurance
- Warehouse forklift driver’s & Supervisor
- Stage jobs in a timely manner to ensure shift start-up and shift-transition attainment is achieved.
- Communicate problems and issues to next shift lead.
- Ensure POs publish problems and issues to next shift POs.
- Checks accuracy of work orders and enters information on the daily recap.
- Maintain confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information and procedures.
- Ensure Organic and Allergen Control Program compliance through proper inventory control and operational practices.
- Evaluate and improve upon existing processes
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Immediately notifies QC, and Supervisor of any product or packaging issues including foreign material presence.
- Promotes teamwork within the department, and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Actively participates, in cleans, changeovers, and operations.
- Can demonstrate on-hand knowledge of processing equipment/machines.
- Demonstrates effective decision making in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor and train employees to promote and maintain safe work environment and comply with safety policies, procedures, and rules taking corrective action as needed.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with our values of Integrity, Goodwill and Results.
- Maintains confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information and procedures.
- Train POs on general leadership issues involving POs leadership of Line Workers.
- Provide training to operation’s employees as needed for Standard Work Practices and documentation.
- Performs any other duties requested by the Shift Manager or Supervisor.
- Educates and performs all tasks using proper GMP's and safety procedures (such as safety belts, ear plugs, goggles, and all personal protective equipment). Makes sure all packaging personnel are doing the same.
- Able to effectively speak, read, and write English.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Good communication and teaching skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good basic math aptitude and ability to use scales and calculators.
- Above average mechanical aptitude
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good sense of teamwork and urgency
- Experience in packaging environment operating various food packaging machines.
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English /Hmong
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.