Waymouth Farms, makers of Good Sense and several other brands, is focused on making quality innovative snack foods for healthier living. Founded in 1976, we are a second-generation family owned and operated business with a clear vision and strong core values in pursuit of bringing the Company to the next level. We are on a mission to get Americans snacking healthier and it starts with our trail mixes, roasted nuts and seeds, dried fruits, and other value-added products typically sold in produce departments of grocery stores. We foster a collaborative and transparent work environment where individual and team accomplishments are recognized.
We recently received the 2020 Readers Choice Award by Sun Media for "Best Place to Work."
We currently have an immediate part-time opening for an experienced forklift operator to support our 2nd shift.
Purpose of position: To operate various powered and manual material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner, support production and processing lines, and assist in the movement of finished goods and raw materials between facilities.
Description of Primary Duties:
- Review production schedule to determine product needs
- Communicate with Operations in all areas for daily production needs
- Operate an electric forklift for entire shift
- Lift and move boxes from racks to pallets weighing up to 55 lbs
- Ensure all products are taken from warehouse slots or bins using oldest dates
- Makes sure all areas of production have products in a timely basis
- Maintain warehouse in an orderly fashion
- Maintain proper allergen alignment
- Record product moves using handheld scanner
- Assist with cleaning of warehouse racking
Hours: 2:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Monday - Friday (This position may transition to full-time in the future)
30 hours per week with full benefits!!
- 2+ years forklift experience
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in a fast paced environment or work in congested areas
- Must be able to pass forklift operation and safety test
- Have basic math skills, including use of calculator
- Experience using handheld scanners for recording material movements preferred
- Ability to operate all hand and powered lifts and material moving equipment
- Excellent reading and number identification skills
- Prior experience in a food manufacturing company desired
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds or up to 110 pounds with assistance, ability to move around facility, push, pull and bend.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, company funded HRA, dental, vision, short and long term disability, company paid life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, 8 paid holidays with no waiting period, 401K with company match, education reimbursement, company store, and much more!!
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law