Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
Hours may change to 6:55 am. to 2:55 pm Monday - Friday in the future.
Pay Rate: $18.50 per hour
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Set up and operate food packaging machines and associated equipment to meet or exceed efficiency, quality, and safety standards
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Coordinate product movement with Forklift Operator.
- Know what the product schedule states and the sequence products are to be run. Inform line workers of product specifications, special information, and schedule attainment goals.
- Check machine for loose, missing or broken parts and make sure all safety guards are in place before start up.
- Set up per machine specifications, using flow chart. (bag length, seals, code date, nitrogen checks, printers, expiration date, taper, and perform bag size changes.
- Set up and maintain hourly production tracking board.
- Maintain and follow white board/workstation guidelines
- Instruct line workers to clean machine during changeovers and set up of new product. (Get Lead/Supervisor involved if needed).
- Monitor continually and document results of seal tests, seal temperatures, zipper alignment, check weights and oxygen levels using weight charts (after start-up and every hour plus or minus 10 minutes during runs). Notify Lead/Supervisor if specifications are not met.
- Notify Lead/Supervisor prior to completion of run to allow utilization of personnel during changeover.
- Instruct production line to keep production area clean at all times, such as quick lock machines, conveyor belts, sweeping, handling trash, and other duties as directed.
- Observe and assist when necessary packaging personnel to assure proper and timely casing and palletizing of product.
- Ensure that Organic, Allergen and Monster clean procedures and policies are followed.
- Actively participate in cleans, changeovers, and operations.
- Ensures Product and materials are at the line on a timely basis for production.
- Verify finished goods pallet bin tags are accurate
- Verify machine settings are set to standards
- Follow scale calibration processes and procedures
- Stag for current job and next job when required
- Complete paperwork which includes downtime, machine log, and pallet records, Quality Control Charts, Flow Charts, Material Tally Sheets, GMP's Reports, labor tracking, etc. (Must be readable and clear with accurate information)
- Notify the Lead, or Supervisor of mechanical malfunctions, safety problems, product issues, or food safety issues immediately. Including the presence of foreign materials.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Lead, Supervisor, or Upper Management.
- May be called upon to open and dump 20-50 lb. containers
- Provide work direction and training, as necessary, to packaging workers, and PMOs in training.
- Communicate problems, issues, etc. with next Shift Operator.
- Perform all tasks using proper GMP's and safety procedures (such as safety belts, ear plugs, goggles or other personal protective equipment). Make sure line workers are doing the same.
- Maintain confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information, processes, and procedures.
- Work with maintenance to help trouble shooting of machine problems.
- Has been trained on organic, allergen and monster clean control compliance requirements on a yearly basis
- Responsible for machine operations
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness by following production standards
- Work effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Work flexible hours to meet production needs
- Responsible for product quality and to meet productivity standards
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Directs the line workers assigned to the line during production, cleans and downtime.
- Interact with other departments in a positive manner.
- Promote departmental and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical issues.
- Operate a pallet jack to move pallets of finished good when required
- Previous machine operating and set up experience required, preferably in a food packaging environment
- Good organizational skills
- Good basic math aptitude and ability to use scales and calculators (must pass basic math test)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good sense of teamwork and urgency
Education and/or Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs; stand for extended periods of time; push/pull; climb stairs; stoop, kneel or crouch; use fingers/hands to handle or feel; reach above head or below knee level; and the ability to work around machinery and material handling equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, supplemental life, long term disability, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, 401K with company match, vacations, holiday pay with no waiting period, company store, and much more!
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, INITIAL INTERVIEWS MAY BE CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.