PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To safely, effectively, and efficiently clean all equipment and infrastructure throughout the facility and grounds; and to properly maintain all sanitation equipment. Adhere to required Food Safety Standards for cleaning practices.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Safely follow the SSOP for disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of various machines and pieces of equipment throughout the plant.
- Use wrenches and various tool to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Operate scissors lift to properly clean equipment.
- Operate a pressure washer to clean equipment.
- Safely work with hazardous chemicals to clean and sanitize equipment.
- Communicate in a timely manner to production leads /supervisors or QC when cleaned equipment needs inspection.
- Prioritize on cleaning needs.
- Follow work order/sanismart cycle.
- Keep work area cleaned and organized.
Infrastructure and Grounds
- Regular and Periodic cleaning of plant floors, walls, ceilings and general infrastructure.
- Regular cleaning around dumpster and parking lot areas.
- Control weeds and plants around the perimeter of the building and grounds.
- Shovel snow from employee sidewalks and walkways as needed.
- Safely follow the SSOP for washing, and maintaining a clean sanitary bin supply.
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation of cleaning.
- Safely and effectively operate the bin/tote washer.
- Wear proper PPE such as safety goggles, gloves, and steel toed shoes.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the parts washer per the MSS cleaning schedule.
- Safely follow the SSOP for floor scrubbing.
- Safely and effectively operate the floor scrubber.
- Wear proper PPE such as safety goggles, gloves, and steel toed shoes as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the floor scrubber per the MSS cleaning schedule.
- Assist as needed in schedule attainment of the Master Sanitation schedule.( Sanismart (Work Orders)
- Painting guards, railing, and infrastructure.
- Taping/identifying walkways throughout the plant.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to communicate, read, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic math skills and use of a calculator.
- Ability to understand, follow, and communicate to others standards and procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to cooperate with all Supervisory personnel, Maintenance, Leads, and Shift Operators.
- Able to understand and follow instructions as given.
- Able to safely operate hand jack, forklift, and scissors lift within the first 30 days.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed.
- Previous sanitation experience
- Previous food industry experience
- Previous chemical handling experience
- Scissor and fork lift operating experience
- Machine operating experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GMP’s
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds without help.
- Able to stand for 8- hours
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist frequently as needed.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist - frequency varies during a normal shift.
- Ability to perform job duties as instructed from a height up to 30 feet.
- Use of PPE – Chemical resistant suit, goggles, face shield, etc.