Hours: 6:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Monday - Friday. Must be able to work additional hours as needed. **DUE TO COVID-19, 1ST SHIFT HOURS HAVE TEMPORARILY CHANGED TO 6:30 A.M. TO 2:30 P.M.
Hourly Rate: $16.00+ depending upon qualifications.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To operate various powered and manual material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner, support production and processing lines, and assist in the movement of finished goods and raw materials between facilities.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
Move product to and from production area.
· Review production schedule to determine product needs.
· Communicate with operations in all areas for daily production needs.
· Operate an electric forklift for entire shift.
· Lift and move boxes from racks to pallets weighting up to 55 lbs.
· Ensure all products are taken from warehouse slots or bins using the oldest dates.
· Make sure all areas of production have products in a timely basis.
· Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion.
· Complete forklift safety inspection on a daily basis.
· Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
· Charge and water batteries in a safe and timely manner.
· Communicate problems to supervisors.
· Maintain good communication with next shift driver.
· Responsible for completing accurate paperwork.
· Work in congested areas.
· Work flexible work hours to meet shipment and schedule needs.
· Perform other related tasks as directed.
· Maintain confidentiality with all information.
· Must pass forklift operation and safety test.
· Have basic math skills, including use of calculator.
· Able to understand and follow all procedures both written and verbal.
· Able to operate all hand and powered lifts and material moving equipment.
· Able to complete all paperwork neatly.
· Excellent reading and number identification skills and able to read, write, and speak english
· Able to enter data into computer accurately.
***Education and/or Experience
· High School Education or GED.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sit for extended periods of time, ability to drive a forklift, bend, talk and communicate, move around facility, lift 50 pounds and up to 110 lbs with help.
· Typical warehouse environment, moving equipment, potential exposure to loud noises, potential congested areas during peak production season.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour