Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 cups cavatappi pasta (or any variety)
1/4 cup butter, salted
1 cup whole milk (may substitute skim milk)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fontina or Italian cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Salad Pizazz!® Cherry Cranberry Pecano™
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp flour, all-purpose
1/4 tsp tarragon, dried
1/4 tsp basil, dried
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
2. In medium non-stick skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
3. Add flour and stir until mixture is bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add milk and stir until slightly thickened, 2 minutes.
5. Add pasta, parmesan and Italian cheeses, Cherry Cranberry Pecano™ and spices.
6. Stir until cheese is melted and pasta is coated.
7. Serve immediately
Variations: Add grilled chicken or shrimp.