Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4-8 Servings
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 C ground Kettle Roasted Nutty Corn®
1 C crushed corn flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. sugar
Vegetable oil, for frying
Hot chocolate sauce, optional
Whipped Cream, option
Maraschino cherries, for garnish
1. With an ice cream scoop, form 4 large balls of ice cream. Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground Nutty Corn®, corn flakes, and cinnamon. Spread the mixture in a shallow dish.
3. Dip the ice cream balls in the crumb mixture, coating evenly, and freeze for 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Dip the coated ice cream balls into the eggs, then roll in the crumb mixture, coating completely. Freeze for 1 hour. If a thicker coating is desired, roll again in eggs and crumbs until the balls are completely coated.
5. Heat the oil in a large pot or fryer to 400 degrees F. one at a time, lower the balls into the oil and fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the oil and place in a dessert bowl. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and whipped cream, as desired. Top with a cherry. Repeat with remaining ice cream.